NYC has some great events for the outdoor enthusiast this week. Sip hot chocolate by a huge FirePit, hike before it gets too cold, and hope for clear skies for one of the last stargazing nights of the season. Plus, everything is free.
- December 11th: Learn to XC Ski, 7:00PM, REI Soho http://www.rei.com/event/35888/session/81768/01112014
- December 12th: Dumbo FirePit by BioLite, 6:00PM, Pearl Street Triangle, http://www.biolitestove.com/news-press/news-events/events/come-visit-the-dumbo-firepit.html
- December 12th: Burton Girls Night Out, 6:00PM, Burton Soho http://ovrride.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/12/GNO_DigitalFlyer_NYC.jpg
- December 12th: Winter Basics Workshop, 7:00PM Eastern Mountain Sports Soho https://www.facebook.com/EMSNYCSOHO
- December 12th: Outdoor Survival School, 7:00PM, Brooklyn Outdoor Provisions, , http://www.bkoutdoor.com/event-registration/?regevent_action=register&event_id=14
- December 14th: Breakneck Ridge hike (public transit accesible), 10:15AM, Cold Spring, http://www.meetup.com/nybackpackers/events/154231842/
- December 14th: Trail Running Group Run, 8:00AM, High Rock Park (Staten Island), http://sigreenbelt.org/2011/02/04/calendar-of-events
- December 14th: Stargazing, 6:00PM, Prospect Park, http://www.nycgovparks.org/events/2013/12/14/the-night-sky
You can subscribe here to get the listing straight to your inbox.